Get Started with Google Sites
Google Sites is an online application that makes creating a
team website as easy as editing a document.
- Customize your site interface to resemble your group or project look and feel
- Create a new sub-page with the click of a button
- Choose from a list of page types: webpage, announcements, file cabinet, lists
- Centralize shared information: embed rich content (video, documents, group discussion, photo slide shows) into any page, and upload file attachments
- Manage permissions to keep your site as private or widely editable and accessible as you prefer
- Search across your Google Sites content with Google search technology
How to access Google Sites
CGIAR Users: you
need a cgxchange.org account to access
Google Sites. You can access Google Sites from: http://sites.cgxchange.org and sign-in with your CGIAR account.
Not from CGIAR? We create user accounts for CGIAR staff members only. If you’re
not a staff member, you can be invited with your Google account. If
you don’t have one yet, click here to create a personal Google account.
To get started, go to http://sites.cgxchange.org and
sign in to CGXchange.
If you are signed in already, locate the Apps icon in the upper right corner of
the screen and click on it to display the apps launcher.
Click on the Sites icon.
By default you will see the sites that have been shared with you. Locate the Create
button to create your own site.