Get started with Google Drive
Google Drive lets you store and access your
files anywhere -- on the web, on your hard drive, or on mobile devices.
- Share your project documents and other useful resource
material with collaborators in different parts of the world
- Organize your project collaboration in one online location
with added benefits of search and chat options
- Drive is where you find your Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Presentations, etc for online collaboration with your team.
How to access Google Drive
need a cgxchange.org account to access Google Drive.
- You can access Google Drive from http://docs.cgxchange.org/
- Need to invite non CGIAR staff?
Ask them to share with you their Google account (e.g. a @gmail.com
address) or create a personal account
set up user accounts for CGIAR staff members only. If you’re not a staff
member, you can be invited with your Google account. If you don’t
have one yet, click here to create a personal Google account.
- Storage space. CGXchange users have a 30GB quota for storing
files in different formats (documents created in Google Docs do not count
against this quota).
- File formats. With Google Drive on the web, you can upload
and preview many file types online, including PDFs, Microsoft Office files,
and many image file types, so you can decide whether to download locally depending on
your needs and available connectivity.
- Synchronization. With the Google Drive desktop/mobile applications, your files
are synchronized across your devices. Any time your device has Internet access,
it checks in with Google Drive. That ensures your files and folders are always
up to date. If you use Chrome, you can even access your files when
you are offline.
- Sharing large files. Drive is recommended for sharing large files
with your collaborators, with no need to attach them to emails: just share your
file, folder or Google Doc.
Install Drive for Desktop (PC/Mac)
Note: It's not possible to
use Google Drive for your Mac/PC with more than one account at the same time.
Learn how to switch Google Accounts to use with Google Drive for your
Switching accounts frequently is
not recommended because this will create a new Google Drive folder every time
(i.e. wastes space and does not sync with previous file collections).
accounts is possible with Drive on the web and on mobile devices.
More on CGXchange.org